Just in case you didn’t already know, Surya Namskar (Sun Salutation) is super rad. This is why.
Bedtime Yoga Practice (15 minutes)
This video has become so popular on YouTube that I’m considering making a second Bedtime Yoga Routine to upload! If you haven’t tried it yet, check out these comments and hopefully you’ll have a similar experience :)
How silly that I feel so successful when people tell me I put them to sleep. What specifically would you like and not like in a Bedtime Yoga Routine? Message me :)
People always send me messages asking if x detox is good or if y detox is better and they usually consist of some bizarre mix of things you’d never want to ingest.
So for those interested why not try something more sensible like this. Your body is designed to eliminate toxins and does a pretty great job of it all by itself but trying something like this (or adapting your diet to look a little more like this) will help it on its way. Lots of fruit and veggies will provide you with (among other things) lots of fiber to help eliminate the nasties quicker.
Adding gelatinous whole foods like chia seeds or aloe will also help. Think of them as a really healthy version of drain-o for your body. They act like a sponge and pick up all the toxins on the way out.
No-equipment workout: shoulders, legs and core
This is a circuit of 10 exercises. Perform each exercise for 50 seconds with a 10-second break (use the free Gym Boss app; if you don’t want to use a timer, you can also perform each move for 10 to 12 reps instead):
1. In-and-outs on the right leg
2. In-and-outs on the left leg
3. Bear to squat
4. Low plank to high plank (both arms at the same time if possible; on your knees if too difficult)
5. Plank walkout with right leg up
6. Plank walkout with left leg up
7. Down dog knee-to-elbow, right leg up
8. Down dog knee-to-elbow, left leg up
9. Bridge-up (substitute with a glute bridge if this move is too difficult)
10. Dancing crab
(Exercise descriptions on www.fitnesstreats.com/2013/03/bodyweight-workout-shoulders-legs-and-core-but-without-push-ups)
Repeat circuit for a total of 3 rounds!
PRE for energy and endurance (eat half an hour before, with 16oz of water)
1. Peanut butter on a slice of whole grain bread
2. Yogurt with almonds or whole grain cereal
3. Veggies and Hummus
4. DIY Trail Mix (1/3 nuts and dried fruit and 2/3 cereal)
5. Cereal and milk
POST to repair muscle and replenish glycogen stores (within 20 minutes of workout with 8 - 12oz of water)
1. Protein shake with banana
2. Peanut butter on rice cakes
3. Hummus and pitta
4. Yoghurt and berries
5. Tuna on whole grain bread